The activity of the wiring occupies a leading role within the DTI . In fact, the company has invested heavily in recent years to optimize and professionalize this activity. The production process consists of several stages both automatic and manual . The automatic workings usually take place in the first step where the wire is cut , sheath and Insulation stripped. The production structure is as follows:
• Cablaggio strutturato per connessione dei componenti interno macchina. Con cavo monopolare siliconico con calza vetro, cavo monopolare e/o multipolare siliconico e cavo AWG certificato UL;
• A three-headed machine for cutting, stripping and crimping of the single-core cable;
• An in-line machine for cutting and stripping of the cable;
• An in-line machine for the cutting of the sheath;
• An in-line machine for cutting and stripping of the multi-pole cable;
• 10 stations of semi-automatic crimping tools.
In addition, the controls and automatic testing are performed on 100% of production, R & D department of the DTI supports for the development of testing equipment . In the production stage are also made several tests to certify the validity of the operations performed . These tests relate to the length of the cable, the holding force of crimping , electrical test and dynamometer test.